Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pumpkin Piesicles


Because tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I am not posting Thursday and Friday. I need a few days off! So I thought I would give you an extra post today.
I recently had a treat. I got to review Zoku's Round Pop Molds. These things are super cool!


Zoku's Round Pop Molds let you create 4 pops with a unique and fun-to-eat shape.
Peel away the silicone molds to easily release your pops and enjoy! No need to run under warm water! Zoku's Round Pop Molds are great for families, parties, or as an addition to the other Zoku Slow- PopTM family shapes. I found them so easy to use, and highly recommend them. 


While I know a lot of the U.S. is under a big chill. It is always sunny and warm where I live. So I thought why not make some pumpkin piesicles. Like fudgesicles, but with pumpkin pie flavors instead. Oh wow. These were amazing. I did not think they would be this tasty. Skip the pie, I am diving into these!



Pumpkin Piesicles
adapted from http://omfgsogood.com

7.5 ounces canned pumpkin puree
1/8 cup heavy cream (plus an extra 1 tbsp for inside pop molds)
3/4 cups pumpkin spice espresso simple syrup (recipe below)

Pumpkin Spice Espresso Simple Syrup
(makes 1 3/4 cups)
1 cup water
1 cup pure cane sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp instant espresso powder

To make the simple syrup, combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Bring just to a boil, stirring continuously, then reduce heat to a simmer and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in spices and espresso powder, cover and simmer for another 5 – 10 minutes to infuse and reduce. You should end up with around 1 3/4 cups liquid. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. YOU WON"T NEED ALL THE SYRUP, save the rest for coffee!

To make the piesicles, in a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin and simple syrup together until combined and smooth/free of any lumps. 
Gently fold in the heavy cream (don’t stir completely, you want it to remain somewhat ‘swirled’ throughout.)

Transfer to a large glass measuring cup (for easier pouring into molds). Drizzle remaining heavy cream down the sides of the popsicle molds and allow to settle in the bottom.
 Pour the pumpkin mixture into the molds, 
cover and insert sticks, then freeze for 8 hours or until solid.
Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.