Monday, November 4, 2013

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Molasses Cookies


I bet you thought that since Halloween is over, I was done posting pumpkin recipes. You would be wrong! 
I made these cookies for Thanksgiving last year, but you can make them for any occasion and just decorate them the way you want. They made perfect turkeys though.

In my opinion these so far are the best cookies I have ever made. They are soooo good! You don't have to decorate them at all. You can just glaze them, or just sprinkle sugar on top. They are great plain too. They are soft and chewy and just plain perfect!


Gluten-Free Pumpkin Molasses Cookies

adapted from My Baking addiction

1 cup rice flour

1 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp guar gum
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
8 Tbs butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg 

Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.

Working with a stand mixer or a hand mixer in a large bowl, Add the butter, brown sugar, molasses, and pumpkin puree, and egg. 
Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing until the flour and spices disappear.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Add your dough in scoops and flatten with a spatula.
Bake the cookies one sheet at a time for 12-14 minutes, or until the top feels set to the touch. Remove baking sheets from the oven. Let cookies cool completely before glazing/decorating.
You can use glaze, or frosting, or candies to decorate. I used powdered sugar with vanilla and a little milk to make a glaze. Then my son helped me make turkeys out of them. 
Happy Baking!
If you like my recipes, please support my work and get my cookbook! Featuring 150 recipes, 100 of which are not on the blog. That's right! 100 new recipes! Gluten-Free Made Easy is the perfect guide to your new lifestyle! Learn dozens of tips and tricks for avoiding gluten and over 150 tasty, simple recipes. Going against the grain has never been easier!
"Gluten-Free Made Easy" is available for sale at Barnes and NobleBooks and ThingsCedar FortAmazon and many other great bookstores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.