Thursday, October 31, 2013

Moscow Mule


I recently got to review The new book THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE COCKTAIL. What a treat! This book reveals the answers to all your burning cocktail queries and more. Focusing on the precise measurements to help you craft the perfect cocktail as well as the recommended garnish and embellishments, you'll no longer have to guess what the perfect cocktail should taste like.
Illustrated with whimsical “blueprints” of each cocktail, the book features 75 different cocktails and recipes for both modern cocktails and classic favorites.
Not sure which stemware is appropriate? Consult the mini guide on identifying the correct glass in the back of the book. Mix, shake, strain, or stir? An easy legend right up front provides symbols for each and more. Exact measurements and notes on precise procedure will help everybody from the novice bartender to the seasoned mixologist.

Living in San Diego in the historic Gaslamp district, I decided to make my districts drink. Down here every restaurant features Moscow Mules. It is considered the gaslamp's signature drink. They serve it in copper cups. I didn't have copper cups, so I went with a tall tumbler like the book suggested. 

I followed the blueprint and was very pleased with how the drink turned out. I only made one change and that was to add candied ginger as the garnish instead of lime. My history with limes is not so great, so my husband was very pleased with the added ginger. The drink was perfect thanks to THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE COCKTAIL


Moscow Mule

2 oz Vodka
4 oz ginger beer (ginger soda)
Ice
Lime wedge, or candied ginger

Fill a tall tumber with ice. Pour in 2 fluid ounces of vodka , coating the ice. Add in 4 fluid ounces of ginger beer (ginger beer contains no alcohol and ginger soda works the same). Stir briefly with a spoon. Garnish with a lime wedge or candied ginger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.