Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Quesadilla's

I bet if you are looking at these, you think they are bad for you. You are wrong. If you love the yummy fattening spinach artichoke dip that is served at parties and restaurants, then you will love these. Even though they are healthy. 

How are these healthy you ask? I don't use any mayonnaise or cream cheese. My secret tool is this awesome Mediterranean spreadable yogurt cheese. With only 30 calories per tablespoon compared to the 94 calories in mayonnaise, and the 49 calories in cream cheese, this stuff is seriously amazing! I use it on sandwiches, salads, taco's, you name it. I replace it on anything that uses cream cheese or mayonnaise. If it is a Mayonnaise replacement I add 1 TBSP vinegar and salt and pepper to taste and it is just like the mayo you love. 


I was not paid or given product to tell you about this. I just simply love it and want to share my healthy find. You can find this at most stores, even supermarkets. It is next to the Cream Cheese. 

The next thing I use to make it healthy, is Organic non-gmo corn tortillas. These are my favorite:
What a difference Organic makes. So tasty! 

OK, So I am going to get on with the recipe now so you can enjoy these scrumptious quesadilla's that taste sinful, but are quite heavenly!

Gluten Free Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Quesadilla's

1 TBSP olive oil, divided
1 lb chicken breast tenders
1/2 tsp italian seasoning.
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz kefir cheese (spreadable yogurt cheese)
1 Tsp vinegar
1 Cup chopped fresh spinach 
1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp chili powder 
1/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese 
1/4 C shredded cheddar cheese 
8 organic corn tortillas

First you want to season your chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Add 1/2 TBSP olive oil to a skillet and heat to medium heat. 
Add your chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
Now you want to preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Next add your chopped spinach, chopped artichokes, kefir cheese, vinegar, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, and. chili powder to a mixing bowl. 

Stir until fully incorporated.

Next, slice up your cooked chicken.

Add the chicken and shredded cheese to the bowl and stir to combine. Don't over stir.

Take your mixture and divide it among 4 corn tortillas.

Top the tortillas with another tortilla. 
I use a spritzer for the other 1/2 TBSP olive oil, but you can also find healthy olive oil baking spray. 
PAM spray is full of garbage, I don't recommend it.
Place your assembled quesadilla's in the pan, frying each side on medium high heat for 1 minute. Do this one at a time. 
Place your pre-cooked quesadilla's on a baking sheet. Time to cook the inside!

Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Then serve!

Follow Us:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.