Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Superbowl Hot Wings

I am preparing my super bowl menu. This one is one of my Man's favorites. Gluten-free and tasty!
This is my take on the Superbowl buffalo wings, but I make mine with only meat, no bones. You can make these using regular wings, but my man would rather pop the whole thing in his mouth.  I use thigh meat or chicken breasts,... whatever is handy. 

Gluten-Free Spicy Chicken "wings".

1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic 
1 tablespoon vegetable oil 
1/2 cup tangy, red barbecue sauce (recommend two fat guys
1/4 cup red wine, reduced by 1/2 
2 tablespoons hot sauce (cholula) 
1/4 cup honey 
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional 
2 tablespoons butter 
Peanut oil, for frying 
Celery sticks

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the chicken into Dipping sizes. DRY ALL CHICKEN

Mix 1 cup salt, 1/4 cup black pepper, 1/4 cup garlic powder.
Lay the chicken out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with above mix.
Cook Chicken for 20 minutes.

Saute the garlic in vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until softened and fragrant. Stir in barbecue sauce, reduced wine, hot sauce and honey. Bring to a boil then lower and simmer for 15 minutes until thick. If using crushed red pepper flakes, add and cook 30 seconds more. Stir in butter until melted and smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl.


Fry the baked chicken for 10 minutes until golden and crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined sheet pan to drain.

Toss the fried chicken in the red sauce to coat. Transfer to a platter and serve with celery sticks.

There you have it. Meat you can eat, rather than suck off the bone. Pretty easy and makes the boy happy. =)
You can now pre-order my cookbook in print at Barnes and Noble
Get it HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I like that it's boneless too... easier for my kids. Looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.