Hello everyone! Even though it has only been 5 days since my last post, it feels like forever! For the past 2 years I have been posting every single day so it is very hard for me to not get on here and chat with all of you, even when I am living in a sea of boxes! Good thing is, we are 90% done with our new Loft. After a few trips to Ikea and several craigslist jaunts, the place is coming together! I have snapped a few pictures for you. First this is our view from 6 of our massive windows:
You can't tell here, but we have great views of the bay and the ocean. We are 5 blocks from the beach/bay.
Here is where all the magic happens:
I love my new butcher block. We found it for a steal on craigslist!
This is our cozy little living room. We love it!
That is all for now. I will post more pictures soon as we finish everything up.
Now onto a quick easy, healthy recipe for the New Year diet:
adapted from Mangia
For the green beans:
1/2 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
extra-virgin olive oil
fresh black pepper and sea salt, to taste
For the pesto:
1TBSP fresh chopped rosemary
1TBSP of fresh chopped thyme
1TBSP of fresh chopped oregano
2 cloves of fresh chopped garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup dry roasted almonds, unsalted
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the green beans on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss.
3. Bake for 15-17 minutes, tossing the beans at the half-way through the baking process. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
4. For the pesto, in the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the herbs, garlic, and salt.
5. With the processor running, slowing stream in the evoo until the mixture is smooth.
6. Add the almonds and pulse, until the mixture is slightly chunky.
7. Pour the pesto over the green beans and toss. Serve!