Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pesto Green Beans and our new loft!

Hello everyone! Even though it has only been 5 days since my last post, it feels like forever! For the past 2 years I have been posting every single day so it is very hard for me to not get on here and chat with all of you, even when I am living in a sea of boxes! Good thing is, we are 90% done with our new Loft. After a few trips to Ikea and several craigslist jaunts, the place is coming together! I have snapped a few pictures for you. First this is our view from 6 of our massive windows:
You can't tell here, but we have great views of the bay and the ocean. We are 5 blocks from the beach/bay.
Here is where all the magic happens:
I love my new butcher block. We found it for a steal on craigslist!
This is our cozy little living room. We love it!
That is all for now. I will post more pictures soon as we finish everything up. 

Now onto a quick easy, healthy recipe for the New Year diet: 

Gluten-Free Pesto Green Beans
adapted from Mangia

For the green beans:
1/2 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
extra-virgin olive oil
fresh black pepper and sea salt, to taste

For the pesto:
1TBSP fresh chopped rosemary
1TBSP of fresh chopped thyme
1TBSP of fresh chopped oregano
2 cloves of fresh chopped garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup dry roasted almonds, unsalted
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the green beans on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss.
3. Bake for 15-17 minutes, tossing the beans at the half-way through the baking process. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
4. For the pesto, in the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the herbs, garlic, and salt.
5. With the processor running, slowing stream in the evoo until the mixture is smooth.
6. Add the almonds and pulse, until the mixture is slightly chunky.
7. Pour the pesto over the green beans and toss. Serve!


7 comments:

  1. Christi - your loft is GORGEOUS...and San Diego is on my list of places for my A Food Lover's Weekend In... series! Possibly in the next year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Wendy! Keep me posted! We would love to meet up and show you all the gaslamp has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Christi, it's beautiful!! A real fun "pad" for you and your hubby to enjoy. I bet the view of the ocean must be fantastic.



    I still miss the lemon/lime trees.. I know I need to get over it. :)



    Did you manage to get all your cooking gear into the new kitchen? I am overflowing out of my kitchen with my blogging/cooking stuff so now I've take a part of the living room too. My husband is not pleased. LOL!



    Love the green beans... never thought to pair it with pesto....bet it was fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have no fear Ramona! I have friends that will be bringing me fresh fruit from the trees each week! I did get everything in my new kitchen. It is more organized than before and I actually have more room because we have a bunch of storage shelves. I was even able to fit my big boss fryer in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Loft! It's beautiful and I love the butcher block counter! I can only imagine how gorgeous the view is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jen! come hang out with me in SD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. green beans and pesto, never thought to pair the two, but will surely be trying it! Love the pictures of your loft! San Diego is on my must see places list! Enjoy your new place!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.