Thursday, January 17, 2013

French Onion Stuffed Mushrooms

Today I am doing a recipe re-post from 2 years ago. These yummy bites of goodness are low in calories and the perfect amuse bouche (one bite appetizer). Since I am watching my calorie intake, I am focusing on foods that are full of flavor but low in calories. If you are going to a party or get together, bring these. They are a crowd pleaser and easy on the waist line.

Gluten-Free French Onion Stuffed Mushrooms
adapted from The Pioneer Woman

2 Tablespoons Butter 
1 whole Large Sweet Onion, Halved And Sliced Thin
1/4 cup Beef Broth 
3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
Splash Of White Wine
Kosher Salt
24 whole baby bella Mushrooms, washed and stems removed.

Prep your ingredients by slicing onions thin and washing and taking stems off mushrooms.
In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onions
 
and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft and lightly browned. 

Splash in wine, broth, and Worcestershire. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until liquid is cooked down. Set aside.


Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Throw in mushrooms and toss around for 2 minutes, just to start the cooking process. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt. 

Place mushroom caps top side down in a baking dish. Heap cavity with sauteed onions, 

Bake at 10 minutes on 325 degrees. Serve!

2 comments:

  1. Pioneer woman rocks...You rock... these mushrooms stuffed with onions rock!! How can I eat myself a tray now? Glad to see a recipe from before I met you... makes me appreciate all you've done. :) Have a great weekend my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.