Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Crock-Pot Korean Pork Short Ribs

I think I am going through an adjustment period with my loft. I love it so much that it feels like I am on vacation every single day! Even going to the market feels so fun because everything is new to me. I went a little nuts at the fresh cheese counter and ended up with what felt like 100 pounds to carry home. I absolutely love city living! 

We had our first dinner guests the other night. I knew I would not have much time in the kitchen because I would be busy showing them around. So I threw this recipe together in the crock-pot. It was a huge hit. My husband says it goes on the "make again over and over" list.  These short-ribs fell off the bone. So tender and buttery. I served them with sticky rice, and you can find that recipe here

Crock-Pot Korean Pork Short Ribs
adapted from Crock-pot.com
4 to 4 1/2 pounds pork short ribs
1/4 cup green onions, chopped, with tops
1/4 cup braggs amino acids -or- gluten free soy sauce
1/4 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons sesame seeds.




Place ribs in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Combine green onions, soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds and pepper in medium pan and cook until mixed well and slightly thickened. About 5 minutes stirring constantly.
Pour sauce over ribs. 
Cover; cook on Low 7 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours or until ribs are fork tend
Remove ribs from cooking liquid, cool slightly. Trim excess fat. Cut rib meat into bite-sized pieces discarding bones and fat.
Let cooking liquid stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim off fat.
Stir sesame oil into liquid. Return beef to stoneware. Cover; cook on Low 15 to 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
Serve with rice or pasta.

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I love when you can get tender meat like this... and the sauce has my favorite flavors. I bet it does feel a bit like being on vacation since it's all new to you. Enjoy it for a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.