Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gorgonzola stuffed mushrooms

I have exciting news! We are moving! The time has finally come. Our kids are old grown and leaving the nest, so my husband and I are downsizing to a loft downtown San Diego! I am so excited! We have had so many joys bringing up our kids, but now it is time to move into the next phase of our lives together! I am letting you know that my posts will be a little off and on for a week or two as we get settled into our new home. In the meantime... Let me give you my husbands absolute appetizer recipe: 

Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms
10 large white large mushrooms
1/2 C GF Italian vinaigrette
1/4 C minced green onions (white and green parts)
2 garlic cloves minced
5 oz gorgonzola cheese
5 oz cream cheese
3/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
in a saucepan, add vinaigrett, green onions, garlic, and bring to a boil.
Add 3 cheeses, reserving 1/4 cup of parmesan for sprinkling over the top of the mushrooms. Heat until fully melted and then remove from heat.

Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Fill mushrooms with cooked cheese mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes at 350.

4 comments:

  1. Cheapskate BletheringDecember 29, 2012 at 9:04 AM

    Congratulations on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you moving... but your trees...I will miss hearing about your lemon and lime trees. I wish I could move into your property then. :) Love stuff mushrooms... these would make a perfect bite for New Years Eve! Wishing you a Happy and Wonderful New Year 2013 my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Ok, because My friends all have orange, lemon, and lime and clementine trees. So I still have an endless supply. The limes made me so sick this year that I don't look at them with love like I used to. Now you will hear about how pretty the bay is, because we are 5 blocks from San Diego bay and we have a view of the bay and the coronado bridge, also of the city. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.