Thursday, August 9, 2012

Beat The Heat Hummus Crisps

Our sun turned up it's output this week. It has been 93 degrees for a few days now. Thankfully where we live there is a pool on every corner and a beach 5 minutes away. It is fantastic! However cooking is another story. A friend of mine introduced me to making hummus crisps. A Healthy lunch perfect for hot days. Great for a picnic, or day by the pool or beach. Simple to make. I really had never thought of putting these flavors together, but they really work! Try it!
Here is what you need:
Gluten Free Hummus Crisps
Rice Cakes
Hummus
Dill Pickles
Capers
Sliced Onion
*optional; Tomato slices, Smoke Seasoning
Place your rice cake on a plate and top it generously with hummus. If you don't have hummus you can make some using my recipe for tuscan hummus. Top with sliced pickles a few capers and a few slivers of onion. If you like tomatoes, they go well with it also. Smoke seasoning kicks it up a notch. 


Follow Us!
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest



1 comment:

  1. I would have never thought about the pickles on top... but I bet it was tasty. :) Okay... first the lime and lemon trees... now the beach.. Urgh. Good thing I like you so much... otherwise I would be sooooo jealous. Okay... I'm jealous... but I still like you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.