Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken

This has been a really great week. I have been in domestic bliss. What does domestic bliss look like to me? Well I wake up at 7 and start my day off with a big cup of coffee and my laptop. I answer emails I get from readers, facebook, twitter, pinterest, tumblr etc... 
Then I put on my walking clothes and take the pups for a walk in the beautiful sunshine. A lot of the time my good friend joins me with her dog. It is a great way to start my day off. 
Once I am back home, the apron goes on and the cooking begins. I cook for Taylor before she leaves for her job at 3:30pm and then I cook dinner. When I have several meals going on at the same time, it is nice to have one of them going on in the slow cooker. This dish is perfect for times you have other things going on. I hope you like it as much as we did!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
3lbs boneless skinless chicken
3/4 cup sugar -or- agave nectar
3/4 cup braggs amino acids -or- gluten free soy sauce
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic, pepper, water, and corn starch. Pour over chicken. 
 Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve Chicken over a cooked long grain rice. 
Follow Us
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.