Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pan Seared T-Bone Steak

Today was Doris' 19th birthday. Like we always do in our home, the birthday girl gets to choose her birthday meal. She chose T-Bone steak, Potatoes, Mushrooms and a Nutella Cake. For all you meat lovers out there. Here is how I made the T-bone.Because I am not a red meat eater, I am trusting everyone who is... I was told it was delicious.  


Pan Seared T-Bone Steak
adapted from Food Network
1 1/2 pounds bone-in T-Bone Stead
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. A half-hour before cooking, remove steak from refrigerator.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Pat steak dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet and when it begins to smoke add steak. Reduce heat slightly and cook steak until browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer skillet to the oven. Roast for 8 minutes or until the inside registers 120 degrees F . Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut steak from the bone and carve meat across the grain.
Follow Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.