Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crockpot Swedish Meatballs


Gluten Free Crockpot Swedish Meatballs
How did you spend your day? I spent mine waiting on my sick husband. I think I lost 5 pounds from walking up and down the stairs with a food tray. He has a bad cold that I gave him on accident. I have made countless soups and drinks and dishes for him.You should see the homemade Orange Dreamsicle Ice Cream I made him. You can see it on my couples blog here.  I bet it sounds like I am complaining, but I am not. I absolutely love taking care of him. It is how I think it should be. But unfortunately in this world today, we really don't have as much time to just focus on our family and use our God given nurturing skills. Thankfully I do have time now to just focus on my family. It is pure bliss.  Because I was so busy feeding him and all the other kids, I decided to have a go at making dinner in the crockpot again. This turned out wonderful! My son ended up having 4 friends over. Him, his 4 friends, my husband, my daughter and Doris all loved it. Perfect. Nothing better than when everyone loves dinner. Best part is... It was in the crockpot! Here is the process:

1/4 cup chopped Italian Parsley
2 pounds ground turkey
4 slices raw smoked bacon (you can use turkey bacon if you don't do beef)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup diced sweet onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic 
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup rice flour
4 cups beef broth
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Spray down the inside of your crock pot well with non-stick spray, or rub down with a light layer of olive oil.
Gather ingredients.
Combine chopped parsley, ground turkey, diced bacon, Parmesan cheese, eggs, diced onion, minced garlic, sea salt, and pepper into a large bowl and mix well. 
Form 2" meatballs.
Roll each meatball in flour 
and place into crock pot. (if you want to make this the night before, at this point you can freeze the floured meatballs. In the morning you add them to a crockpot ... finish with remaining recipe ingredients and opt for the 7-8 hour cook time on low, you will come home to a fabulous meal).
You will stack the meatballs on top of each other inside the crockpot. 
Add 4 cups beef broth and Worcestershire  and cook on high for 3.5 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours.
The finished product in the crockpot will look like this:
I served the meatballs over some sticky rice and I garnished the plate with baked parmesan tomatoes and parsley. 
Spoon meatball broth liquid over the meatballs and serve. 
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email

2 comments:

  1. You know I'm obsessed with meatballs.. so you have got my attention. I love that you did it in the crock-pot. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks scrumptious and I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.