Thursday, December 8, 2011

Simple Garlic Mushroom Pizza

A little cold has hit the Silbaugh house. My husband likes to share his germs with me. Because he works downtown in an office, he is always bringing home some new strain of something that attaches itself to me like a lover. The joke in my house is that everyone needs to "Scrub in" before coming near me. I catch everything. So I am not feeling so great today. But as always life goes on. My daughter needs to eat before she heads out to work this evening. So today I am keeping it simple. Have you seen Kinnikinnick's New gluten free thin person pizza crusts?
 I am so happy I have these right now. Perfect for when I just can't spend the day in the kitchen slaving over inventing new gluten free recipes! So I am making my daughter Simple Garlic Mushroom Pizza adapted from donal skehan
Serves 2
2 cups of mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
2 Kinnikinnick's New gluten free thin person pizza crusts
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/4 tsp sea salt
pinch of pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Heat a frying pan over a high heat and add one tablespoon olive oil and one tablespoon butter.
Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds, then throw in the sliced mushrooms.
Fry the mushrooms until they are soft.
Place pizza crusts on a baking stone. 
Put empty crust in oven for 4 minutes. 
Take out of oven and top with mozzarella, and place a generous amount of garlic mushrooms on each crust and season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
Bake at 375 for 5 minutes.
Taylor LOVED the crust. It comes highly recommended ;)
Follow Us!
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.