Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Roasted Garlic and OIive Oil Couscous

Time to make a lunch again for Taylor. She is off to work in a few hours and it is the normal: "Time to make sure she is fed before work:" time. I found this picture and it is perfect. Because Taylor is obsessed with penguins. The quote to this picture is: "Mom, I am hungry, feed me gluten free food!"


I was excited to try these easy quick Gluten-Free Couscous packets from Lundberg family farms
They are NON GMO verified, Certified Gluten free and Vegan. Best part... it cooks in 15 minutes! Sounds good! Now how do they taste? Taylor gives them a big thumbs up. Actually she had 3 girls over and all of them gobbled it up. My camera is MIA right now so we used Taylor's iphone to get a quick picture. Sorry it isn't the best picture. Today we used the Roasted Garlic and OIive Oil Couscous. Here is all I did to turn it into a meal:
1 lb chicken tenders 
1 tsp italian seasoning
salt and pepper
olive oil
In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil
Sir in Roasted Brown Rice couscous and seasoning packet.
Cover saucepan with tight fitting lid and reduce heat to lowest setting
Cook 12 minutes covered and do not lift the lid.
Remove from heat and let stand with the lid on for 5 minutes. 
Add 1 TBSP olive oil to a pan and turn on high heat. 
Add tenders to hot oil and season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with italian seasoning. Flip after 5 minutes and cook for another 5 minutes. Cut and place on top of couscous and serve.
 I served it with a balsamic cucumber and tomato salad on the side.
Taylor says I can make this anytime! Thumbs up Lundberg!
Follow Us!


Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. How cool.. brown rice couscous. I was just talking about couscous with my mother. I bought some Israeli couscous and I totally messed up the cooking of it. I need to redeem myself now. LOL! This looks like a totally healthy and well balanced meal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.