Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mistletoe Appetizers


We have a lot of guests in our home tonight. My daughters close friends .So of course I have to have some appetizers to serve. Something a little festive. I love using cranberries this time of year. They are so bright and red and they just scream happy holidays. Look how pretty they are!
I found this recipe for Sparkling Cranberry Brie Bites from Yummy Mummy she is fabulous. These are perfect for any holiday party you may be attending. I used agave nectar instead of maple syrup in an effort to make them just a tad bit healthier. When I served them one of the girls said: "oh look, they look like mistletoe!" So they are now called Mistletoe appetizers in my house. 

makes 16 
1 cup fresh cranberries 
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Rinse cranberries and place in a medium bowl. Heat syrup in a small sauce pan just until warm. 


Pour over cranberries when syrup is warm, not hot, or cranberries may pop. Cool, cover, and let soak in the refrigerator overnight. 

Drain cranberries in a colander. Place sugar in a large bowl or baking dish. Add cranberries in 2 batches and roll around until lightly coated in sugar. Place on a baking sheet until dry, about 1 hour. 

16 gluten free crackers (Glutino, crunchmasters, san-j, whichever you like)
8 oz Brie cheese
Optional Cranberry sauce
fresh mint for garnish

Assemble crackers with one slice of brie, a light layer of cranberry sauce (optional), and 3 sugared cranberries. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs. 

5 comments:

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.