Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Honeybaked Ham at Home


My kids adore honeybaked ham. I used to order it every year from the chain. Here is the problem... cross contamination and not knowing if they may or may not use any flour to make their ham. Even if they don't, how are we to know if they make it in a gluten free kitchen? I am pretty sure the chances of that are slim. So I am not risking it this year and I am making my own. Making a honey baked ham isn’t difficult, it’s all in how you do the basting. Here’s the best recipe, and it’s totally easy! Everyone gobbled it down. Jordan said it is his new favorite meal I make. The best part... Albertson's had 6 pound hams on sale this week for $6. A honeybaked ham usually costs me a minimum of $50, and usually much more. I was blessed to have Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Honey. Can't think of a better recipe to use it on.
1 6 lb cooked ham
1/4 cup whole cloves
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup honey
1/2 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
Score the ham with a knife, and then stud the ham with whole cloves.
Place the ham in a foil-lined pan.
Heat the brown sugar, honey and butter over low heat, and brush over the ham.
Place the ham in the oven, and baste every 5 minutes turning every time so the entire outside gets crunchy for about 30 minutes.Turn the oven to broil on high. Watch carefully and let the outside get crispy. Remove and serve with pan sauce drizzled over the meat. 
  
If you are wanting to do a post holiday DETOX or CLEANSE hit me up! 
I help people get healthy naturally. Being a cancer survivor I learned how necessary it is to detox after indulging. I have got your back! My passion is to help others stay cancer free. I have searched the world high and low and have found the BEST highest QUALITY natural products to help get the gunk out naturally, They are SAFE, healthy and will IMPROVE your health vs. hurting it with starvation or breaking down your digestive system which is what most detoxes do. So EMAIL ME and let's get started! 

3 comments:

  1. Look I seriously need to move next door so I can drop by for leftovers. :) I love a juicy, sweet and salty ham. What a great holiday meal. :) I'm sure I'll be popping over to drool again before the holidays.. but Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hope you guys have the greatest one yet and it's full of good food (I know it will be) and good cheer! ~ Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at you Ramona! I would bring you my food only to steal yours! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Following you now on pinterest as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.