Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sliced Baked Potato


As promised it is meat and potatoes night here in the Silbaugh house. I went back and forth on what type of potatoes I wanted to make. I make a mean garlic parmesan mashed potato, but I always serve that with my piccata. Baked potato...kind of boring. So I am mixing it up just a little bit and trying something new.  I really enjoyed these potatoes. I will definately be making them again.
Sliced Baked Potato

4 Medium even potatoes
1 tsp Salt
2-3 tbsp Melted butter
2-3 tbsp Chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives,
1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese'
Sour Cream

Scrub and rinse the potatoes. Peel the top and sides of the potatoes, leaving skin on just the bottom.
Cut potatoes into thin slices but not all the way through. 
Put potatoes in a baking dish and fan them slightly. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with herbs. Bake at 425 degrees F for about 50 minutes.
 Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted, and potatoes are soft on the inside. Check with a fork. You can top with sour cream like I did =)


Follow us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mom-Whats-For-Dinner/134176089986933
Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/MomWhatsForDinn
Follow us on Tumblr at: http://www.tumblr.com/tumblelog/momwhatsfordinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.