Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sauteed Portabellas

My husband LOVES mushrooms. I think if I fed him enough mushrooms he may even be able to forget about meat for a bit. Well... maybe not. I went and got some fresh portabellas to make as a side dish. I made this and I heard something I never thought I would hear from my daughter Taylor: "Is there any more mushrooms left?" You see she hates mushrooms regularly. I told her to just try one bite for me. She ate the bite and then proceeded to eat a full helping of them. Then she asked if there were more. Try this gluten free recipe as a side dish. I think next time I may make it as the main dish!

Sauteed Portabella's
1 1/2 pounds portabella mushrooms
3 large shallots
1/2 cup earth balance (you can use butter if you eat dairy)
4 scallions (green parts only)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
5 tablespoons braggs amino acids (you can use soy sauce or gluten free soy sauce)
1/4 cup agave nectar

Halve portabellas and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.

Chop shallots and in a 12-inch heavy skillet cook half of shallots in half of butter over moderate heat, stirring, 1 minute.
Add portabellas and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated, about 15 minutes. Transfer portabellas to a bowl and keep warm, covered. Cook remaining shallots in remaining butter over moderate heat, stirring, 1 minute. Salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated, about 10 minutes. Add portabellas and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.