Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My daughters favorite Garlic Green Beans

As I holler through the house tonight "Doris... Do you like green beans?". My daugher Taylor replies: "Which green beans are you making?". This is her hint that she wants me to make my al dente garlic, onion green beans. If they are even slightly mushy, she will give me the hardest time. I realized this is not an easy task for novice chefs. I only use fresh green beans. Sorry. I have tried frozen and it just is not the same. I find they "mush" far too quick and don't absorb all the flavor of the garlic, olive oil, and onions. This recipe is easy. It is just the timing you have to get down.

What you need:
2 lbs fresh trimmed and washed green beans
1 large SWEET onion
3 heads garlic (each clove peeled and sliced in half)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
2 tsp salt

put the sliced onions and garlic in a pan with 2 TBSP olive oil. 

Saute in medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add the rest of olive oil and water and sprinkle salt.  Stir. Cook covered for 10 -15 minutes. Stir again and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.