Thursday, September 15, 2011

Meeting Hubert Keller at Fleur

This week I attended Superzoo. It is the largest pet industry trade show on the west coast. It is held in Las Vegas every year. Being the owner of www.purecountrypetboutique.com it is a show that I really need to attend. I am not a huge Vegas fan. But I do LOVE the food. On the first day of the show, halfway through we were all starving. We wandered out of the Convention Center into Mandalay Bay. There are so many restaurants in Mandalay Bay with so many wonderful chefs! We had our little dogs with us and we were worried that none of the restaurants would let us in. I went ahead and asked the hostess at Fleur if we kept our dogs in their carriers if we could sit in the outside seating area and eat. She was more than happy to let us in! We were seated in less than 15 minutes.

I was excited to try the food! I have been watching Hubert Keller on TV for years. The shows secrets of a Chef , Top Chef, Top Chef Masters, and Top Chef Just Desserts, have been a staple in my life. He is regarded as one of America’s most imaginative and talented chefs, so of course I was dying to try his food!
I ordered the Chicken Lettuce Wraps. 
They were so good! I loved how he kept it simple with pure fresh ingredients. The flavors danced in my mouth. It was very healthy too! Made with Chicken, Carrots, Cilantro, Lime and Mint. NO GLUTEN! It also had a nice mildly spicy dressing. I loved this dish and will be trying to recreate this at home.

I realized Peanut was really hungry.
We had left for the show before her feeding time and time got away from me. So by the time we ate, it was hours past her regular feeding time. My dog has food allergies. Just my luck huh? Both my daughter and my dog have serious food issues. Peanut is allergic to all poultry, grain, and some vegetables. SO she does not eat any "dog food". To say the least this dog got a gourmet burger patty for lunch.
Well half of one anyway. I saved her the other half. I am not a meat eater so I can't tell you what I think of the burger. But my friend got one and said it was really good, but she would rather the horseradish be on the side. It was too strong for her. I enjoyed eating the fries that came with the burger. Everyone agreed the fries were amazing.

While enjoying the fries, I mentioned how much I love Hubert Keller. My daughter asked if it was him cooking our food and I said "no, master chefs have many restaurants and they are not the ones in the kitchen". A few minutes later, I almost choked on a fry when I saw Hubert Keller walk out of his kitchen holding a fresh dry cleaning bag with his "Top Chef Masters" Chef coat in it. I am not going to lie. I had an out of body experience. Ketchup was all over my face from me choking on the fry. I am a shy person and I wasn't going to ask for a picture. My daughter said "I will do it"... She went up to Huber and asked and he said "of course!"... but by then, his chef had seen me freaking out and he offered to take a picture of me with Hubert Keller!
Hubert was SO nice!!!! How wonderful it was to see what a genuine person he was. To be that famous, yet humble and down to earth... that has to be rare! Now... How to get a day in the kitchen with that man???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.