Saturday, September 24, 2011

Healthy Italian Salad dressing

I make my own Italian Salad dressing. I know you can buy it for cheap. But I just like to make everything from scratch. This is healthy and can be served on all salad veggies, or you can put it on pasta salad as well too. I love making it at home because I am guaranteed that there is no gluten in the dressing. Fast and easy....

2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried tarragon
1 tsp dried marjoram
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Preparation:
Combine all the ingredients in a jar with a tight lid. Shake the jar well and let stand for one hour at room temperature, then chill. Shake well before serving.

Follow us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mom-Whats-For-Dinner/134176089986933
Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/MomWhatsForDinn
Follow us on Tumblr at: http://www.tumblr.com/tumblelog/momwhatsfordinner

2 comments:

  1. I have so many types of wine vinegar, you would think I was in the dressing business! I cook with it but it is rare that I make dressing. Your recipe looks like a wonderful way to start using up that big bottle of red wine vinegar. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good looking dressing (sometimes I think I like the dressing more than the salad). I thoroughly enjoy Italian food. You know, a good olive dip is worth checking out to compliment any of your Italian styled meals. Just by searching online you can find some really good olive dip recipes. Either add or remove from the recipe to make it your own, or try it just as is, you can't lose.
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.