Thursday, September 22, 2011

Gluten Free Twix Brownies

I was browsing around foodbuzz this morning and one of my favorite bloggers posted a recipe for twix peanut butter brownies. I am not a peanut butter and chocolate fan. Let me re-phrase... I love peanut butter, I love chocolate... I don't like them together. I don't know why. The two just don't mix well on my palate. Seeing as how I made homemade gluten free twix bars last night, I thought why not change this recipe and make gluten free twix brownies with the leftover twix bars we have. (there are not many left... TAYLOR!) So I am going for it.  I adapted this recipe from dinnersdishesanddesserts. Made it gluten free and took out the peanut butter twix. If you like peanut butter twix you can use those instead. I used my homemade gluten free twix bars and I must say these are my new favorite guilty pleasure. Give them a try!
Gluten Free Twix Brownies
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup gluten free flour
1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your GF flour contains it)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 Gluten free twix bars

Mix together chocolate and butter. I did this in the kitchenaid bowl on my stove and just melted them together.

Remove from heat.  Add in sugar and eggs, and stir until well combined.
  Add flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until just combined. Chop the candy into small pieces. Fold into the batter. 
Pour into a prepared 8x8 pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool before serving.
Follow us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mom-Whats-For-Dinner/134176089986933


Follow Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.