Thursday, September 29, 2011

English Green Bean Chutney

Yesterday was so much fun. I spent time with my friend going out to Chino Farms. We then came back and worked in the kitchen with our new found organic ingredients. It was so fun to laugh and work in the kitchen with a good friend! I think my stomache still hurts today from laughing. What a great day! We worked and played at the same time. My Friend came up with a great idea to make an English Green Bean Chutney.
This Recipe was so kindly given to me by my good friend from England Monica McGuiness.

In England Monica says "it is called a Ploughman's lunch And that is cheese, salad and french bread. Scoop a pile of Chutney onto your plate and you have arrived in heaven!". I served mine on my gluten free pita bread.
2 pounds green beans
1 1/2 sweet onion
24 ounces apple cider vinegar
2 ears of corn husked and corn sliced off
1/2 cup water
2 TB corn starch
1 TB dry mustard
1 TB Tumeric
8 oz brown sugar
8 oz Sugar in the Raw

Simmer onions and vinegar for 5 minutes in a non reactive pan.

In seperate pan cook the beans and corn with 1/2 cup water to steam (covered) for 5 minutes.

Strain beans and corn and set aside.
Combine all dry ingredients
to onion and vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes.
 Add Corn, Beans, and Sugar to vinegar mixture. And simmer for 5 minutes.
Store in a can with a non reactive top, or an airtight containter in the fridge for 30 days.
Enjoy!
Follow US:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.