Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Penne Rustica Gluten Free

Last dinner night with just us. Operation see the family starts late tonight. Time for some yummy gluten free comfort food. For me it is always pasta. Please keep in mind when I post these that you may use baco's or any bacon substitute if you are pescatarian or vegetarian. I post the full meat version of my recipe's for my family meat eaters.
Penne Pasta is one of my absolute favorite types of pasta. I love the way it holds the sauce. I don't make it from scratch. It just is too time consuming to shape a hundred little individual tunnels. That is what industrial sized pasta making machines are for. I am very thankful for the gluten free penne I found at sprouts. It is spendy, $3.75 for one 12 ounce box, but worth it for the occasional splurge. You really cannot tell it is gluten free. AT ALL! Schar does a great job!

Penne Rustica Gluten Free
Adapted From Recipezaar

Gratinata sauce
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dill
1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
1/2 cup marsala cooking wine
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 cups heavy cream

Penne Rustica
1 ounce pancetta or bacon
2 grilled chicken breasts,
12 ounces gluten free penne pasta, cooked
3 Tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon chopped shallot
pinch salt and pepper
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika

1.For Gratinata Sauce: Saute butter, garlic, and rosemary until garlic begins to brown.
2.Add Marsala wine and reduce by one-third.

3.Add remaining ingredients, reduce by half of the original volume.
4.Set aside.
5.For Penne Rustica: Saute pancetta or bacon until it begins to brown.
6.Add butter, and shallots.

7.Add chicken, salt, pepper, and mix thoroughly.

8.Add gratinata sauce and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
9.Simmer until sauce thickens.

10.In a large bowl, combine chicken mixture with the cooked pasta.

11.Pour into a large casserole dish or roaster.
12. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup more parmesan cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
13.Bake at 475 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.


Follow Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.