Thursday, June 2, 2011

Margarita Chicken

Oh yes, more limes. What to do?  Margaritas just are not my drink of choice, unless they are skinny girl margaritas. Heck I would give my right arm to have Bethanny Frankel over for dinner and drink skinny girls with her. But since that won't happen, and unless there is a skinny girl margarita in my fridge, you won't catch me drinking them. They give me a headache, and there are plenty of other drinks I prefer over them.  I need to do something else with my limes. Let's Make Margarita Chicken! The alcohol cooks off, so no, I am not trying to booze up my kids. The tequila makes the chicken really tender and juicy. It would actually go great with Margaritas. I am going to go crack open a skinny girl now.

This is a very simple quick dish, if you just take a sec the night before and throw it together to marinade it. It is great for busy working Mom's that need to throw something together quick for their family when they get home from work.

•4 Chicken Breasts
•1 cup gold tequila
•the juice from 4 limes
•the juice of one orange
•3 – 4 cloves of garlic, minced
•1 tablespoon kosher salt
•1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
•1 tablespoon chili powder (optional)
•1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)

Place all ingredients except chicken in a 9 x 13 pan. Mix well.

I cut my chicken down and tenderized it. Place chicken in and let marinate overnight. The Tequila will start the cooking process. Don't worry, this is normal.

Grill or bake at 425 degrees on a rack until internal temperature reaches 166 degrees and the skin is crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.