Monday, June 13, 2011

Lower Calorie Lemonade

My lemon tree exploded. Well not really, it just decided to mass produce. This is a nice refreshing recipe, perfect for the summer. As I posted earlier Agave is a liquid sugar with a low glycemic index, and less calories than sugar. You cannot taste the difference. It is the perfect ingredient to use in summer drinks. Give it a try.


Homemade Lemonade

1 cup lemon juice
2/3 cup agave syrup
6 cups water
Ice
Sliced lemons and mint for garnish

1. Combine the lemon juice, agave and water in a pitcher.
2. Stir to combine.
3. Pour over ice and serve.

*If you want an adult drink add 1 shot vodka to your glass. Homemade Hard Lemonade =)


Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mom-Whats-For-Dinner/134176089986933

1 comment:

  1. I love agave in lemonade, it's a natural liquid sweetener too, so it doesn't leave sugar in the bottom of the glass.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.