Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Limeade Recipe

Oh yes, the quest for the use for all of my limes continues. I am not complaining. I always snicker a little bit when I go through the grocery and see people paying sometimes up to $1 per lime. My lime tree is called the steroid tree because she produces more than all our other fruit trees combined. I am happy to announce though, that our limes are low. Yep, I have successfully not had to throw away a single lime this year so far. With the help of friends and some creative recipes on my part, the tree met the perfect amount of supply and demand this year.

Any way this is a nice refreshing drink to have on a Spring or Summer day. I hope you enjoy it!

Limeade
Ingredients
1 cup freshly squeezed organic Lime juice (for me it took 6 Limes)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup filtered water
6 cups filtered water
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1. Place 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil to dissolve sugar. Stir until it is  completely dissolved, and remove from heat. You will know the sugar is completely dissolved when the water is clear again.
Let cool.

2. Add 1 cup freshly squeezed Lime juice,
 6 cups filtered water and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract to the sugar water mixture. Stir well and chill.

3. Pour over a glass of ice and serve with a wedge of lime. For an adult version you can add 1 shot of vodka for a cocktail hour treat.

2 comments:

  1. mmmm I love limeade!! I had a strawberry limeade that was soooo good the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good! I will have to add strawberries to it next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.