Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easy Hollandaise Sauce Recipe

When we went up to Julian last weekend, we stopped for breakfast at a little hole in the wall place. I was excited to see eggs benedict on their menu. I am very picky about my eggs benedict, so i ordered it with not having high hopes. I love making my own eggs benedict because I make the Hollandaise from scratch. Well that eggs benedict was some of the best I have ever had. It took a while to get the food, but it was because they were making the hollandaise from scratch. I hurt myself trying to finish it. It was worth every bite and every pound it put on my body. Yum. I saw a post for Blender Hollandaise Sauce. I am going to give it a try. Heck, if it really is supposed to be that easy, then why not? 

I was suprised. It really was delicious, easy and quick. It sure beats my other way of constant whisking and temperature taking. It tastes the same! Maybe better! It might be a bad thing though. I will be making Hollandaise more often. That means I am going to have to do more boarding, walking, zumba. Oh well.... you play you pay!
Ingredients
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
a dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
a dash of hot sauce, or a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)

Separate the eggs and add to blender. Heat the butter in the microwave or on the stove, until steaming, but not boiling.

With the blender turned on high, very slowly stream in the hot butter. Make sure the stream of butter is very small.

Add lemon juice, salt, and optional hot sauce. Continue to blend until thick and creamy. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.