Thursday, March 10, 2011

Holy Guacamole!

I can't have a mexican food night without one of Rick Moonen's recipes being involved. Guacamole is one of the easiest things to make and everyone has their own take on how they like it. Rick Moonen's recipe still remains to be my favorite way to prepare guac. It is so fresh and yummy. I was fortunate to buy 25 avocados for $5 at the little farm stand. Mix that with my lime tree and herb garden = I love California!

I usually triple this recipe, because we love guac.

1/2 cup diced red onion
2 garlic cloves minced
2 serrano chiles minced with seeds
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
2 ripe avocados
coarse salt

Put the onion, garlic, chiles, cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl.

Scoop out the Avocado's into the bowl and press with a fork to blend all ingredients.
Season with salt and stir the guacamole well.

Tip: To keep my guac green in the fridge for a few days, I place the pit of an avocado at the bottom of the guac bowl and I top the guac with a little lime juice before I seal the lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.