Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gluten-Free Strawberry Cake

My daughter has been day dreaming about my strawberry cake. Unfortunately this cake was invented prior to the gluten-intollerance. So I haven't been able to make it for her successfully. As stated before this has got to be the best Strawberry Cake I have ever had. I understand why she dreams about it. Getting the Better Batter package, I am setting out to make my cake, with their product.  So I set out to make some fresh cake. This cake is make of pure fresh strawberries. Filled with frosting made of fresh strawberries.
Just changed to be Gluten-Free so my daughter can enjoy it with us.

Gluten-Free Strawberry Cake

Preheat the oven to 350. Butter and flour 2 8″ round cake pans.
In mixing bowl combine:

1 box better batter yellow cake mix (gluten-free)
3/4 cup puree'd fresh strawberries (measured after puree)
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
Split batter into prepared pans

Bake for about 35-40 minutes.
While baking make the....
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cup whipping cream
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Combine and whip till thick.

Then add:
8 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
1/4 cup strawberry puree
1/4 cup Sugar

Beat until light and fluffy.

Combine the whipped cream and whipped cream cheese strawberry mixture. Whip together until light and fluffy.
The cakes may appear dark, but that is the strawberry puree cooking out.

Cool cakes completely.
When all is done layer cake, 
frosting, cake... and outside put on the frosting.



Piece of cake! Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mom-Whats-For-Dinner/134176089986933

1 comment:

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.