Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Roasted Potato Slices with Garlic Aioli Dip

I haven't posted much over the Christmas break. My kids left a few days after Christmas to visit Family in Oregon. Randy and I had a few days of eating leftovers and a few days of going out to our favorite places. But, the kids flew home. Time to get busy in the kitchen! I bought to many potatoes, and I wanted to do something with them. I read, look up things ... get ideas. I love reading blogs and I love reading my culinary text books. Call me a nerd. I really don't care. It is what gets me going. Keeps me going.  Like I said my daughter visited Oregon. People there had not seen her in a while and so many people were shocked at her change in appearance just from going off gluten. Her skin is clear and bright, I am so thankful we found out. So I made this scrumptious appetizer. But the best thing about it was my Aioli dip. It was so good. Next time I will double it. We gobbled it up so fast. Taylor loved it. Also these chips reheat nicely in the toaster oven.

Roasted Potato Slices with Garlic Aioli Dip
2 lbs. russet potatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper (my daughter hates pepper, so I make half of them without pepper)

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat two baking sheets with foil and cooking spray.
Scrub the potatoes and slice into 1/4" slices. If you have a food processor it comes in really handy to get them all the same width.

Put the sliced potatoes into a large shallow bowl with the oil, salt, and black pepper. Use your hands to turn the potatoes over and over, until they are thoroughly coated.

Arrange the potato slices on the prepared baking sheets,

 Bake for 15 minutes. Rotate the pans back to front and shelf to shelf, to make sure potatoes roast evenly. Bake for another 10 minutes.

Remove the potatoes to parchment paper to dry. Add more salt if desired.
Now for the best part.
Garlic Aioli Dip
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup yogurt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 head of garlic roasted ( I have a garlic roaster that is easy peasy)
pinch of salt

First roast your garlic. The reason I love my garlic roaster is because it is a little olive oil, salt and Garlic. then push a button and 15 minutes later look what you get:

Combine all of the ingredients into the blender

Blend until smooth.
Serve.

Dip the potatoes and eat. Simply delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.