Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gluten Free Oatmeal Protein Bars

School snacks are hard for me. I fall into a rut. I am looking for a new one to pack. I always make powerballs because they are easy for Taylor to grab and go for basketball. I read through magazines and blogs for a new one. Here is one I came up with. I had to adapt it for ingredients I had.
Oatmeal Protein Bars:
• 3 cups oatmeal
• 140 grams chocolate protein powder
• 3/4 cup peanut butter
• 1 cup milk
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup apple sauce
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation:
1. Combine the above ingredients and put in a greased baking pan.

2. Bake @ 350 for 35 min.
3. Cool completely, then cut into 8 bars. Store in the fridge until they are ready to be eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.