Monday, December 20, 2010

English Toffee

My husband loves his toffee. Yes, I could just keep him at bay by getting another heath bar. But this is the holidays! Besides, heath bars don't even come close to how good this toffee is. I like to make it and freeze it, then use it whenever a recipe calls for toffee bits. It is great. It is naturally gluten-free, so no difference there.  Super easy. I hope you try it!

2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

In a heavy saucepan mix butter, sugar, water and salt. Stir constantly with a high temperature spatula until it reaches 290 degrees... a tan color... don't let it get too dark. You know what toffee looks like.
pour onto a buttered sheet pan with edges.
 Don't let it touch you at all, obviously it is dangerous. Let it cool only slightly then sprinkle on the chocolate chips. Let the chips melt and then spread them evenly across to make the chocolate topping.
Chill for 2 hours then crack and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.