Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Greek Salad

One of my favorite salads I order is the Greek Salad at Sammy's. I could live off of it. I decided it is time for me to create my own version of this salad for me to eat at home. So healthy and yummy. I hope you enjoy it!

2 cups Romaine lettuce sliced into small bite size pieces
4 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and cut into cubes
1 red onion,
2 cucumbers, seeded and cut into cubes
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into cubes
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into cubes
1 cup Kalamata black olives sliced
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 cup cubed feta cheese
1/4 cup  extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Coarse salt and black pepper

In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. In a small plastic container with a lid.add the oil vinegar and oregano and shake vigorously to combine and pour over salad and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

1 comment:

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.