Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms

My husband is a mushroom freak. He can't get enough. I can't say I am. Nor can I say anyone in my family is. I can handle mushrooms "in" things. Or I like them if they are carmelized extra stiff. Like portabello's carmelized in balsamic until they have a steak like consistency. However, stuffed mushrooms offer something to my palate. They are a carrier for the yummy cheesey goodness. They make a nice finger food to serve prior to the meal.

Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms
10 large white large mushrooms
1/2 C GF Italian vinaigrette
1/4 C minced green onions (white and green parts)
2 garlic cloves minced
5 oz gorgonzola cheese
5 oz cream cheese
3/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
in a saucepan, add vinaigrett, green onions, garlic, and bring to a boil.
Add 3 cheeses, reserving 1/4 cup of parmesan for sprinkling over the top of the mushrooms. Heat until fully melted and then remove from heat.

Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Fill mushrooms with cooked cheese mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.