Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gluten-Free Baked Potato Soup

Life sucks pretty bad right now here.
Randy is sick. I am in a neck brace. I am bored crazy. There really is nothing that can be done when a Mom is down. The house gets messy and either you spend a fortune on takeout or you deal with the pain and cook. That is what I did today. I dealt with it. Blah blah blah. You don't need to hear it. I made baked potato soup for the sicky.
Ingredients
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour - gluten free
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Minced fresh parsley
sour cream
Directions
 I use 1 TB olive oil Saute onion and garlic until soft.
 Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
 Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with sour cream, cheese and parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.