Thursday, November 11, 2010

Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

I make mashed potatoes a lot. I love them. They are great under almost any dish. I don't cut corners. Mine are fattening. Sorry. Here is how I do it:
Ingredients

3 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 cups half-and-half
6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
6 ounces grated Parmesan

Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. If you want to peel potatoes ahead of time you can put them in a bowl of water with a splash of lemon or a sprinkle of vitamin c powder to prevent them from browning. This comes in handy during the busy Thanksgiving time. Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.

Heat the half-and-half and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.

Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan; stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then serve.
I serve with a lot of meals. Here they are under my piccatta. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.