Sunday, October 24, 2010

Steamed Halibut on Red Pepper Coulis

So the end of the weekend is here. I am exhausted and I do not even know why. Last night we had a nice treat. A friend of mine invited us over for dinner and games in her adorable little cottage style home. It was a nice evening. To top it all off she made a wonderful Vegetarian and Gluten-Free dinner and mulled wine. She is from England and I find myself very interested in hearing about the different ways they do things. All the food was delicious. I had never halled Mulled Wine before. It is yummy. Kinda like apple cider but with wine instead. Most the alcohol cooks off with oranges, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. So you can drink it throughout the night without worrying about driving home, which was a plus!

Today we got up bright eyed and bushy tailed and headed to church and then to Pelly's again to grab their catch of the day. More Halibut. Yum! I went for the ultra healthy method this time. Steamed in bamboo with salt and pepper over homemade Red Pepper Coulis. Very mild, but still wonderful, and easy to make. Here is the recipe:

Red Pepper Coulis:
2 TB olive oil
2 chopped shallots
1 garlic clove chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
salt
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Heat a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil, shallots, garlic. Saute stirring for about a minute.

 Add the bell pepper, season with salt and pepper, lower the heat and stir often for about 10 minutes allowing the peppers to get soft but not brown.
Turn heat back up to medium high and add the wine and cook until it cooks off. Pour into a blender and blend until smooth. Add vinegar and oil and blend again. Serve under your steamed halibut. Steaming halibut is easy. I used my bamboo steamer. Salt and pepper each side and steam for about 4 minutes. Tada!

It was a simple but healthy meal. Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.