Saturday, October 23, 2010

Potato Crab Chowder

We have had cooler weather than normal which makes me like comfort food. This past week I made Hot and Sour Soup, French Onion Soup, but have been craving a creamy soup. So for lunch today I made:
Potato Crab Chowder. Our local fish market here really had good quality stuff. Their crab is delicious, their fish is wonderful. If you live near Carlsbad Pelly's Fish Market rocks.
Here is a quick way to throw together an afternoon soup...  and it is Gluten-free naturally.
Ingredients:
1 stick - Butter
2 stalks- Celery, finely chopped
1 small - Onion, finely chopped
4 large - Potatoes, chopped evenly
32 ounces- Chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon - Salt
1/4 teaspoon - Black pepper
1/2 pound - Crab meat
2 sprigs - Parsley, chopped (moore for garnish)
1 cup - cream
1/4 cup parmesan
In a 3 quart saucepan melt the butter and saute celery and onions.

Add evenly chopped potatoes and broth and cook until potatoes are firm, but done...al dente. ( I chop my potatoes into cubes all roughly the same size, that way they cook uniformly). Mine took 10 minutes.
Add in salt, pepper, crab meat and parsley and simmer 15 minutes.
Turn off heat and stir in cream. Pour into dishes and sprinkle parmesan on top and a little moor parsley.
Serve hot.
We all really enjoyed it. I fried up some polenta on the side to help soak up the leftover broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.