Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gluten-Free Spicy Carrot Salad

In an effort to continue with new various salads, I am trying this spicy carrot salad. Sweet and Spicy go well together. I adapted this recipe from "Cute Pig", another blogger. But they call for nuts and shrimp. I am leaving those out. Nuts are a huge allergy for a lot of people and so is shellfish. I cook with both, but I am going for an allergy free light salad here.

I had a similar salad at George's at the cove (La Jolla) a year ago, and have been meaning to make something similar ever since. It is sweet and spicy. A nice side to any dish.

Ingredients:
3 cloves of garlic
2-3 chili peppers
2 cups baby carrots
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
1 lime


Garnish with: grape tomatoes, arugula or spinach, cilantro
I like to get the organic carrots with the tops still on.
 I cut off the ends and puree them with the ingredients below. But I reshape the carrots with a peeler.

Crush garlic cloves, chilies, and carrots together in a blender. Add Lime, Agave and Fish Sauce. Blend again. Add baby carrots.. Mix well. Let the carrots sit for 20 - 30 minutes before serving. Plate once the seasoning are well mixed in. Toss, grape tomatoes, and cilantro in juice and place carrot on top. .

Follow us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mom-Whats-For-Dinner/134176089986933
Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/MomWhatsForDinn
Follow us on Tumblr at: http://www.tumblr.com/tumblelog/momwhatsfordinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.