Sunday, October 31, 2010

Gluten-Free Scallops with Garlic and Rosemary Rice

Didi I mention how sexy my neck brace is? Just saying. Yesterday I had an outing. I went to physical therapy then to Whole Foods. Devon drove me. I cannot drive, since all the muscles in my neck and arm are torn. And it would not be a cute picture, me, in a neck brace, on medicine.. trying to drive. Nope. So just that outing seemed easy enough. Halfway through I was dying in pain. Course I refused to wear the neckbrace in the grocery store, so I am sure that had something to do with it. As I stand here in my sexy neck brace, I am eager to cook something more "gourmet" but quick. Since just a trip to the grocery store did me in, I know I can't do too much. So I am settling for Gluten-Free Scallops with Garlic and Rosemary Rice. Here is what I did:

1/4 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth or vegetable broth
1/4 cup water
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth and water. Stir in the rice, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.

For the Scallops
1 1/2 pounds bay scallops
1/2 cup Gluten-Free-all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
salt and pepper to taste

Wash scallops and pat dry. Put flour in a shallow bowl; roll scallops in flour.


Heat olive oil and butter over medium low heat; add scallops and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on one side. After about 2 minutes of cooking, carefully stir in the minced garlic not to move the scallops. When done, stir in parsley and serve scallops over rosemary rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.