Monday, October 25, 2010

Gluten-Free Homemade Pasta

I am a pasta freak. I love to make it from scratch. I am not letting the whole gluten free thing stop me. Here is my recipe for the noodles I am making at home now. I used it tonight for fettucine alfredo.
1 cup tapioca flour
1 cup cornstarch
6 tablespoons potato starch
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
9 teaspoons xanthan gum
6 large eggs
3 tablespoons olive oil

In a medium bowl, combine flours, salt, and xanthan gum.
In a seperate bowl beat the eggs lightly and add the oil.

In the Kitchenaid mixer on dough attachment pour the egg-oil liquid into the flour mixture, and run for about 3 minutes.
Place the ball of dough on a potato starch-floured surface in between rolling it with the pasta attachment to desired thin-ness.
I let mine sit for 2 hours after this, covered with saran wrap.
Cut into desired shape. I used the wide fettuccine attachement on my kitchenaid
To cook pasta:  This is where gluten free pasta differs... cooking time. Cook in boiling water, add 1 TB oil and 1 TB salt, for about 10 to 12 minutes depending on the thickness and size of your pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.