Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rick Moonen's Cucumber Salad

When we were in Las Vegas this past week, we ate twice at one of my favorite Chef's restaurants. RM Seafood... owned by Rick Moonen. Everything was so wonderful.  My absolute favorite was his Escabeche, but I don't have that recipe yet. I ordered his cookbook, and I can't wait for it to get here. My second favorite was his light and tasty cucumber salad. I am reposting the recipe here, as he has it available online.
Cucumber Salad

Provided by: Chef Rick Moonen
Ingredients
2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into very fine strips on a mandoline
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips on a mandoline... I changed this. I did a fine cut into slices instead. Like a Jullien cut.
1 head radicchio, finely shredded
1 tablespoon chopped mint

Whisk together the vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Add the onion, garlic, cucumber, carrots, and radicchio, and toss together. Stir in the mint.

When he says thinly sliced...he means THIN. That is what I loved about this salad.
Yummy yummy yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.