Monday, June 28, 2010

Pad Thai


Well I went and got sick. Sunday morning I woke up with a high fever. I am still sick, but my fever is going down. I had already bought my ingredients for dinners this week, so my sweet husband Randy is cooking tonight. I gave him the recipe to follow.If he can do it, all of you can. =) 
It is a simple recipe that is comfort food for me. Randy did a great job and even the kids gobbled it up. Randy added Chicken for his and Jordans, but here is the recipe without chicken.

Pad Thai
24 ounces dried rice sticks or rice noodles
12 tablespoon brown sugar
9 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
12 tablespoons soy sauce
6 teaspoons canola oil
9 green onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
Steamed Broccoli ....I like mine al dente
1 cup fresh cilantro
3/4 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts

1. Cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.

2. Whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, and soy sauce

3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant.

4. Add broccoli, noodles, and soy sauce mixture to skillet, toss constantly until noodles and broccoli are coated with sauce.
5. Serve noodles with lime wedges and top with cilantro and chopped peanuts

serve with Siracha for spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.