Wednesday, June 2, 2010

London Broil avec sauce au beurre aux fines herbes

I worked all morning into the early afternoon then took some time to read out in the sun. Before I went out in the sun though, I marinated some London Broil so that tonight all I have to do is cook it around 5pm... that gives me an afternoon of rest. We have leftover spanish rice, a salad and bread, so the meat is plenty.

To marinade the meat I tenderized the steak a little bit, and topped it with the following ingredients mixed together, for 4 hours:
2 beef bouillon cubes
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoosn Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4lbs top round or london broil, flank is fine too


For the herb butter I mixed together the following:
8 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoons chopped fresh Basil
2 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil or tarragon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice


About 30 minutes before cooking, remove the meat from the marinade, dry it well and bring to room temperature. Heat a large heavy skillet over high heat, about 2 minutes. Rub the steak with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt over the surface of the pan; add the meat and set a heavy skillet on top to weigh it down. Sear for about 7 minutes; turn the steak, replace the weight and cook until a thermometer inserted into the side reads 110 degrees for medium-rare, about 5 minutes. For Medium about another 7 - 10 minutes. For a well done I suggest 10 minutes each side... but I like mine medium.

Transfer the steak to a cutting board; brush with some of the herb butter, tent with foil and let rest for about 10 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain; top with more herb butter and drizzle with the pan juices.



Melts in your mouth =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.