Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Belgian Waffles

What a gorgeous day here today. 75 and sunny can really change a bad mood into something good. We are nearing the end of the school year and I have mixed feelings about it. I love my kids to death, but having them here 24/7 while I work can be challenging. I am however really excited to see the end of homework coming. The last 2 weeks of school are the worst. With all these final projects I am about to lose my mind.

On to dinner plans...Continuing on with our breakfast for dinner theme this week. Tonight, we have
Belgian Waffles.
I always make my stuff from scratch. Waffles are no exception. They are easy to make and all the ingredients are in your house.
Ingredients

2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 large eggs, separated
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups milk
non-stick cooking spray

Directions
Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. In a medium bowl sift together flour and baking powder, set aside. In the kitchen aid beat together the egg yolks and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and eggs have turned a pale yellow. Add the vanilla extract, melted butter, and milk to the eggs and whisk to combine. Combine the egg-milk mixture with the flour mixture and whisk just until blended. Do not over mix. Pour into a bowl..again in cleaned outkitchen aid bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Using therubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter. Do not overmix! Coat the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour enough batter in iron to just cover waffle grid. Close and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately. You can top with whipped cream, Syrup, chocolate... whatever you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.