Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ravioli alla Carbonara

I love Carbonara, but I wanted to do something different. So I decided to make it in Ravioli form. Made my pasta dough using 4 cups flour, 5 eggs and 1 TB olive oil. Put in the handy
kitchenaid mixer

I roll out the noodles with my kitchenaid pasta roller

Then I cooked up bacon, cutting it into 1 inch pieces. I didn't have pancetta on hand, but had a lot of bacon.

Cook it until it is brown. This picture it is not fully cooked yet.

I put 4 eggs, 2 cups freshly grated parmesan, 1/4 cup whipping cream in a bowl and mixed in the bacon.

Then I filled each ravioli:


For the sauce I used the same egg/cheese/bacon but added 1/4 cup white wine and 1/4 cup butter. Sprinkle it with fresh trimmed basil leaves.
YUMMY!

This is by far my favorite Ravioli I have ever had. I am going to make it a staple in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.