Thursday, March 11, 2010

(Pollo e Salvia Cannelloni)Chicken and Sage Cannelloni

It had to be pasta tonight because of my new pasta tools. Even though I am not using the new kitchen aid attachments, It still put me in the mood for pasta and I get to use my new cutter after all. I had meal planned before my new toys came so I will finish out this weeks recipes. But plan on more pasta next week. I know I will be making caprese soon too with that angel hair pasta attachment.

So tonight I made:

(Pollo e Salvia Cannelloni)Chicken and Sage Cannelloni

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
2 onions
8 garlic cloves
1 TB chopped parsley
1 TB chopped sage
4 eggs
Salt and Pepper TT
For pasta dough:
3 cups flour
4 eggs
1 tsp olive oil
Cut chicken into pieces. Peel onions and quarter, peel garlic cloves. Place in food processor with a sharp blade process until it looks like ground meat. Add remaining ingredients and process again. Process pasta dough like usual. Roll out to 2nd to thinnest setting. Cut into 4x3 rectangles. Have a bowl with ice cold water ready. Bring a large pan of water to a boil, then add 1 tsp salt. Cook each sheet for 45 seconds.

Pull out and put in ice cold water. Then lay on a kitchen towel to drain. Fill each rectangle with filling made and roll into a cylinder. Place seam side down in a well buttered baking dish. You can coat with sauce of your choice. Marinara, Alfredo or basil butter, or bechamel sauce, whatever you feel like. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Here it is before being cooked:

Here it is after:


See it really is easy to make it from scratch! Extra tasty too! My whole goal here is to make sure that you normal Mom's, Wives, Women, Men, Kids, you all can cook! Stop buying the boxed stuff. It is a labor of love. I understand not everyone has time all the time to cook, but if you meal plan, clip the coupons, and give yourself an hour a day, it will change your life. It will change your body. It will change your family. The family who cooks together, stays together.
There is my rant for the day =)


I realize i have no tip for today. I am sorry for that. Tomorrow is Friday and Leftovers. You will have to wait until saturday when I can tell you I am making steak dijion. But in the meantime we have to eat all of this food. I still have only spent $210 on groceries for this whole week. Thank God for walks along the beach.
Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.