Sunday, March 28, 2010

Insalata di pasta

Been a busy week. Our friends left early this morning and my sister and her family just arrived tonight. We are going to the beach tomorrow since it will be 85 and sunny. Monday we are going sailing again. The perfect quick dish for sailing is

Insalata di pasta (pasta salad). You can put it in seperate glad tubs for individual serving. It is a great Sunny dish.

2 bags vegetable spiral pasta
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
•1 garlic clove
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
•1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
•3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
•1/2 oz parmesan, finely grated (1/4 cup)
•1/4 teaspoon black pepper
•1/2 cup olive oil

Cook water according to pasta instructions. While pasta is cooking Mix garlic, salt, vinegar, lemon juice, basil, parmesan, black pepper, and olive oil.
Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.. drain again. Put in pasta and dressing top with carrots and another 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Stir.
If you want to add protien add cooked chicken.


I have already meal planned for the week. More repeats. I am going to post my caprese on here and possibly my piccata too. But I am making steak dijion again... it is Spring Break people... Time to play!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.